Deep Fried Calamari with Garlic Risotto & Chilli Mayonnaise
Featuring: Cerebos Garlic and Herb Seasoning
2 medium onions
600g calamari tubes
240g risotto rice
8 tbls thick mayonnaise
4 lemons (juiced)
100ml dry white wine
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
50 g unsalted butter
500ml vegetable oil
8 level tsp Cerebos Garlic and Herb Seasoning
100g fresh chives
3 liters fish stock (cubes or fresh)
• Clean, wash and slice calamari into rings.
• Peel and finely chop onions.
• Mix mayonnaise with lemon juice, paprika, cayenne pepper and add 1tbls of cold water.
• Season with 2 tsp of Cerebos Garlic and Herb Seasoning and set aside.
• Mix flour with 4 tsp of Cerebos Garlic and Herb Seasoning and set aside.
• Melt butter into large pot, add the onions and fry for 5 minutes.
• Add rice and fry for 5 minutes.
• Add the wine and reduce by 2/3 then add the stock – one ladle at a time stirring the rice. Continue until cooked.
• Heat the oil in frying pan until smoky.
• Mix calamari with flour and shake off excess.
• Fry until golden brown (2-3minutes).
• Drain on paper towel.
• Once rice is cooked add the remaining Cerebos Garlic and Herb Seasoning and the chopped chives.
• Place rice on plate and flatten with a wooden spoon.
• Arrange calamari on top and drizzle with the mayonnaise.
• Garnish with lemon wedges and a parsley spring.