Braai Salt Marinated Beef and Red Pepper Skewers with Watercress and Balsamic Salad
Featuring: Cerebos Braai Salt
4 x 250g beef fillet steaks
2 large red peppers
2 large white onions
150ml olive oil
350g watercress leaves
50ml balsamic vinegar
20 pitted calamata olives
4 tsp Cerebos Braai Salt
8 large bamboo skewers
• Soak skewers in water for 5 hours to prevent them from burning.
• Dice each fillet steak into 8 large cubes.
• Cut onion into the same size cubes.
• Cut peppers in half, clean out seeds and dice as per onions.
• Clean and wash watercress and leave to dry.
• Cut the olives in half.
• Assemble the skewers alternating beef, pepper and onions having 4 pieces of each on 1 skewer.
• Place skewers in a dish with 100ml of oil and half the Cerebos Braai Salt.
• Cover and leave in fridge for 2 hours – turning often.
• Heat the pan, grill the skewers until brown on all sides (cook for approx 8-10mins).
• Drizzle marinade over the skewers as you cook them.
• Place watercress in a bowl and add remaining oil and the vinegar.
• Season with Cerebos Braai Salt and place in the middle of the plate.
• Sprinkle olives over the salad and place the hot skewers on top.
• Serve immediately.