Featuring: Cerebos Salt and Pepper
• 2 tbsp Olive oil
• 6 Trimmed lamb shanks
• 3 Stalks celery, sliced
• 3 Carrots, chopped
• 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
• 4 Cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 cup (220g) Soup mix
• 1 1/2 litres Gravox Chicken Liquid Stock
• 2 tbsp Finely chopped fresh rosemary
• Cerebos Salt and pepper Seasoning, to taste
• 1 tbsp Finely grated lemon rind
• 2 tbsp Cornflour
• Mashed potatoes, to serve
• 2 tbsp Lemon juice
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish. Cook lamb in batches, until browned all over. Set aside.
• Heat remaining oil in same dish. Add celery, carrots, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft. Stir in soup mix, stock and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Return lamb to dish.
• Cook in the oven, covered, for 2 hours.
• Remove lamb and cover to keep warm. Place dish over a medium heat. Add rind and blended cornflour and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, until boiling and thickened. Return lamb. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Hints and tips
• This dish can be made up to two days ahead. Store, covered, in refrigerator or freeze for up to two months. Remove lamb from bones if freezing as it will save on space. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
• Try substituting rosemary for thyme or sage for a change.
• Steamed rice or creamy polenta would also go well with this dish.